Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Glass Fam!!!

SUNS OUT GUNS OUT

Hey everyone, so for my blog I have gladly accepted the responsibility of recounting the adventures we had in the Glass Family!

Our family consisted of Courtney, Emily, Laura, Allyson, Jonny, Mauricio, myself (Tyler) and of course the Glassman!  Our first gathering together in Costa Rica was during the first night when we held the potluck.  It was a mixture of some Canadian and Costa Rican cousine that was either brought over with us or purchased at the super market in La Fortuna. I personally enjoyed a meal of coldcut sandwiches, nutella, some Mr. Noodles and nachos which was absolutely delicious!  Most of the family gatherings we had occured over the dinner table or briefly when we needed a headcount.   

We were actually lucky enough to have a birthday in our family while we were in La Fortuna.  Emily was celebrating her 17th and so on our last night in La Fortuna we had a family dinner at Luigi's Pizza, where Glass presented her with a family gift of a brand new headband which I think she enjoyed very much.  Emily also recieved a beautiful, freshly picked flower from our very charismatic waiter.


I think I can speak for my family when I say that another highlight for us was definately the Minute To Win It put on by Ms. A.  Everyone had a blast participating in their event and in the end our family came out on top after a close battle with the Simms family!  My favourite event was the headcounter one where Glass, Carlos, and Lauren faced off to see who could shake their head the fastest for one full minute.  We got some great videos from that event that I know we'll watch again in 20 years and laugh as hard then as we do now!

Over the short span of nine days, the eight of us became so much closer and I think we really learned the true meaning of what it is to be a family.  We learned a ton about each others interests and pet peevs and we always had a great time together!  Finally, I would also like to say a big thank you to Mr. Glass, because without you it would have never been the same!

 
And remember,
If the Sun Is Out, Get The Guns Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment